Hello! Who am I? Who are you? What are we doing here?
To find out, let’s play a game of 20 questions:
- What is the purpose of this blog (or your social platform)?
- To share my thoughts and feelings with the world in a way that helps to bring people together in a shared community.
- What do you do for a living? Are you in school?
- I work at a university and love helping my students become all they can be!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Right now I’m fascinated with Italy.
- What was your favorite school subject?
- I loved history but hated memorizing all the various dates and would rather focus on the big ideas
- What is your family like (immediate and extended)?
- My husband and I have one human son and one dog son. I have several sisters and no brothers so being in a house of boys is quite different but I love it.
- What genres of music do you like best?
- Super into the 60s decade of motown and singer-songwriters right now but I like almost all genres. Thank goodness for SiriusXM.
- How do you like to spend your free time?
- Busy with grad school and child-rearing so I don’t have a ton of free time at the moment. I’m trying to be more intentional with “me time” and I’m hoping this platform will give me the boost I need.
- Are you a morning or a night person?
- Neither, ha! But really I think that once I’m up and going in the morning I realize how much I love it.
- What is your favorite food?
- PASTA. Especially stuffed pasta like tortellinis, ravioli, mezzaluna, etc.
- What is your favorite movie or TV show?
- Currently I’m in love with VEEP.
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- I loved riding my bike with my friends all over the neighborhood. It was such a different time. No cell-phones. Just plenty of freedom and the requirement to be home by the time the street lights came on.
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- Hands down my favorite right now is Idris Elba. *swoon*
- Do you speak more than one language?
- Unfortunately no. I can ask basic questions and order food in Spanish and French but I never became fluent.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Horrible drivers! You’ll hear me rant quite often about drivers on the road and what I think about them. I try to have patience but the distracted driving and/or poor driving skills really peeve me!
- What is your favorite holiday?
- CHRISTMAS. It’s the most wonderful time of the year… My close friends know that sometimes I start listening to Christmas music in October! I have been much better lately about waiting until November but I definitely continue well through January.
- Where did you grow up?
- Northern Virginia. Grew up going to the Smithsonian museums on the regular as well as taking in all the culture and opportunities to learn and grow in a diverse environment. I was quite fortunate.
- What is the skill that you would like to learn?
- Resiliency. I’m a perfectionist and if something doesn’t go the way it should I have a difficult time managing. As I’ve been told, I tend to have “unrealistic expectations of myself (and others).” I’d like to learn to be more forgiving. Also, and more importantly, I’m working hard on teaching this skill to my son!
- What do you value most in a friend?
- It’s tough for someone who suffers from anxiety to make and keep friends. It’s very easy to have acquaintances but more difficult to really become friends. I need a friend to have patience with me and to do the heavy lifting. When life gets stressful I tend to withdraw and people respond in kind. Someone who won’t let me disappear and will continue to seek out my friendship is invaluable.
- What is your biggest fear?
- As someone with pretty serious anxiety I have a lot of fears… but what I worry about the most right now is not being around to help my son grow up. I want to do the best by him and that means not only being a good mom but also being a good wife. My husband and I have a very strong marriage because we work at it every day. We are jointly invested in ourselves and our family!
- What drives you?
- I love learning! I love learning about and appreciating different people and different cultures. I love exploring this fabulous earth and I want to do my best to take care of it for generations to come. I love bettering myself by learning new advancements in health and wellness. I love being the best mom I can be by reading everything I can get my hands on concerning brain development, social-emotional development, and resiliency in young children!
Your turn! Tell me a little about yourself. No need to answer all 20 questions 😉
Thanks for stopping by!